Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Why Blogger?

I'm on various social media sites, including Tumblr.

So you might ask, "Ves, why are you doing this on Blogger and not Tumblr, where you already have a blog about writing?"

The answer isn't super easy to explain, though it's very obvious to me.

See, I'm a very partitioned person, and I have my own way of organizing things. Putting this on Blogger instead of Tumblr fits my need for division and organization. Additionally, Tumblr's infrastructure is cesspool and its formatting is a labyrinth of bad decisions. 

I fully expect Yahoo to close Tumblr before too much longer, and I don't want to lose what I write. Blogger is backed by Google, has fantastic formatting tools, and a nifty feature that lets me download all my posts if I want.

Blogger may not have the same sort of sharing community that Tumblr does, but I don't think I need that for this. For me, it's more important to have my own little space.

No comments:

Post a Comment