Wednesday, February 22, 2017

An Introduction to this Blog

This is a conlang blog, which is a new thing for me!

I've never actually been involved in the conlang community because I generally avoid other people, especially in respect to my interests. The closest I've come is my involvement with the Esperanto (the only "functional" conlang that I'm interested in) community.

I've decided to make this blog to chronicle the production my own conlang, Elessic.

I'm a fantasy writer, and it is a truth universally acknowledged, that a fantasy writer in possession of too much imagination, must be in want of a conlang.

Therefore, I'm making an Elvish conlang (and, to some degree, conculture), for use in my writing, and as an outlet for my personal linguistic energy.

This language is known (in English) as Elessic, which comes from the mistranslation of the phrase eles tres davrasi, which means "[the] language of the Elves." Autymically, the languages is known simply as davrasi, and comes in two dialects (which I will not be devoting time to distinguishing at the present), alodavrasi ("High Elvish"), which is the prestige dialect, and the one that I consider "default" in my writings, and kyardavrasi ("Wood Elvish"), which has more relaxed rules.

Whether or not this blog receives traffic, it will at least serve as an outlet for my thoughts and a record of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment